The Torre della Bella Galliana, located in the southern part of the city, near the Porta di Valle, together with the high towers that still exist, gives the city of Viterbo a still medieval-looking panorama.
The tower, similar to the building where it resides, was the property of the Alessandri, a noble family with Frankish origins. They were a family of magistrates, captains, and civil administrators who distinguished themselves by their loyalty to the party of the Guelphs.
Located at the beginning of Piazza del Gesù, it is perhaps the most representative example of this type of construction. Unknown the correct origin of the house, from which the structure takes its name, we know instead that a certain Ugolino Borgognone was consul of the city in 1218.
The façade of Palazzo Chigi, which was built on existing buildings in the second half of the fifteenth century by a member of the Caetani family, it is alongside a tower of a quadrangular shape, characterized by all those features common to other medieval towers that rise over the city.